Perhaps you live in a high-density area of Etobicoke where you simply need an extra level of protection to help you sleep easy at night, or perhaps your Toronto business or warehouse is due for a security upgrade. Either way, at Locksmith Master we are adept at meeting your security needs. Our consultants will sit down with you to discuss what your requirements are, and assist you in finding a solution that you are perfectly satisfied and comfortable with.
When it comes to selecting high security locks , there are a number of things to be aware of. Each lock has its own security rating (based on an industry standard), so you should ask your locksmith about this when you are looking at the various options available. Don’t be fooled into paying a premium for a low-rated lock. Additionally, there are a number of important lock security features to be aware of, which will help you in the lock selection process.
Features of High Security Locks
- Bump Resistance. This is the first thing to look at, when considering the security of any lock. While the science of how this break-in technique works is a little too complex to detail here – in short, with a “bump” key and a little bit of practice, most common locks can easily be opened. Most home robberies do not in fact utilize the bumping method, but you still want to make sure that the high security locks you purchase are bump-proof.
- Key Control. This refers to how easily blank keys can be obtained, which is really important when you consider key duplication and the production of bump keys. If a company has blanks that are easily obtainable by locksmiths, then it is much harder to control whether duplicate or bump keys are made. There are different levels of key control, with the lowest level being where all dealers or locksmiths have access to the key blanks, and the highest level being where only the original manufacturer has access to the key blanks.
- Pick Resistance. This is another important feature, when looking at high security locks . Again, picking techniques are rarely used in the average house break-in, but all the same, consider that picking can easily be learnt by browsing information online, or by reading a book. Some individuals even practice lock-picking as a hobby! All the same, it is a good idea to ensure that your locks are protected from basic picking techniques.
- Drill Resistance. How easy is it for somebody to pick up a regular household drill, and simply drill through your front door lock cylinder? Quality high security locks include hardened metal inserts to prevent against this type of break-in. Another piece of advice: install double cylinder deadbolts instead of single ones with a thumb-turn on the inside. Simply drilling a small hole will enable someone to unlock your deadbolt with a piece of wire.
- Force Resistance. This feature refers to how resistant your locks are to prying, kicking, or sawing.
The Security Professionals
Our professionals at Locksmith Master are committed to meeting your residential, commercial, and industrial security needs; we use our wealth of experience in the industry to continuously improve our services and the products that we provide. For high security locks we source top-quality hardware from the best names in the industry, such as Assa Abloy, Medeco, Schlage, Kwikset, and Mul-T-Lock. Give Locksmith Master a call today for a quote or consultation; we serve all communities in the Greater Toronto Area.
Call Locksmith Master today for high security locks installation in Toronto