Locksmith Master provides residential, commercial, automotive, emergency, and industrial locksmithing services in Newmarket and throughout the Greater Toronto Area. How do you know we are a company you can trust? Locksmith Master is licensed, bonded, and insured, for a start. Unfortunately, these days it is all too easy to fall prey to a locksmith scam – and this happens more often than you might think.
Locksmith scams trap people who need help in an emergency, charging exorbitant prices for services that might usually cost 50 dollars. Unlicensed “locksmiths” have been known to show up at a lockout situation, pretend that the lock is impossible to pick, and proceed to destroy your perfectly good lock so they can install an expensive new one that is actually of very low quality.
However, it is relatively easy to prevent yourself from falling victim to one of these ruses; take a look at some of these helpful pointers below.
How to Spot a Locksmith Scam?
1. Always check for a physical address. If you can, do this before you make the phone call – check the ad or their website carefully.
2. Try to find out if these Newmarket locksmiths are licensed and accredited. If this information is unavailable, at least Google the company to check for customer reviews!
3. When you make the phone call, double-check their address, and ask what the registered name of their business is. If the answers they give are unsatisfactory, that should already be a red warning sign.
4. Ask for an estimate. If you get quoted a ridiculously low price like ten or fifteen dollars, that is highly suspicious – chances are your arm will be twisted for a lot more than that.
5. If things seem alright up to this point though, go ahead and tell the dispatcher that you will want to see proof of certification, and the technician’s ID, when they arrive on site. Additionally, you can say that you would like a written estimate from them before they begin work.
6. When the locksmith arrives, take note of their vehicle. Is it clearly branded or unmarked? Make a note of the license plate if it seems necessary to do so.
7. If upon inspecting your lock, the locksmith immediately says that it will need to be drilled out, ask them why. In all likelihood, this is a scam and you would probably be better off calling another Newmarket locksmith. The truth of the matter is that in the vast majority of cases, expert locksmiths can get you back into your home, office, or car fairly easily, using specialized tools.
If you follow these simple pointers, you should be pretty safe from falling for any potential locksmith scams. The best thing you could do, however, is simply to have a reliable local Newmarket locksmith that you know you can trust.
Honest, Quality Newmarket Locksmith Services
Newmarket’s historic downtown area is a hub of commerce and cultural activity. The town’s growing economy is diverse and multifaceted, despite the fact that many residents commute to Toronto for work. The economy spans business services, manufacturing and retail, plus administrative and knowledge industries.
Whether you need a good Newmarket locksmith for your private, business, or commercial needs, Locksmith Master is the company you should come to. We guarantee you honest, top-quality service and products; we give accurate estimates and promise that there will be no hidden costs that surface at the end of the job. Crucially, our emergency service is available 24/7, 365 days a year – so keep us in mind when you require assistance from a Newmarket locksmith.
Remember, Locksmith Master is the #1 newmarket locksmith company